A day gorilla tour normally starts from Kigali at 5.00am with a 2 to 3 hours drive to Volcanoes National Park headquarters in Ruhengeri (Musanze). We encourage our potential guests to stay in Ruhengeri a night before to avoid getting exhausted since waking up very early at 4.30am for breakfast before traveling to the park headquarters is a big challenge. Nevertheless, we have successfully made this one-day gorilla excursion a reality. Briefing for the trackers begins ` at 7.30am to 8.30am and vehicles begin transporting gorilla trackers to several gorilla trek starting points.
Remarkably in Rwanda unlike Uganda, guests are allocated a gorilla family on the very day of tracking. The guests who feel physically weak are allocated the nearest groups that only require at least an hour to find.
We ensure that whoever is participating in tracking gorillas goes with packed lunch and enough water to drink. Porters to help in carrying your bags can be arranged for you.
Very early morning, you will drive a 2-3 hours scenic drive to Volcanoes national park in Ruhengeri, home of the endangered mountain gorillas to reach early enough by 8:30am for briefing before heading in the forest to track the gorillas. This may take 2-8 hours depending on the movements of the animals. On return, your driver will drive you back to Kigali and then to Kanombe airport for your departure flight if it is on schedule
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- 1 Gorilla tracking permit
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. (Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.)
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinks (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
Why Visit Rwanda
The small nature of Rwanda that makes it easy to navigate through and also the high number of magnificent wildlife and other attractions make Rwanda an easy to browse the country.
What is included in Gorilla permit?
A gorilla trekking permit gives you one hour with mountain gorillas in the distinctive gorilla trekking destinations in Rwanda. Included are park entrance fees, National Park guides/officers fees. Gorilla Tracking in Rwanda with Friendly Gorillas Safaris, your tours will be an experience of a life time.